Our Apiary is all about bees and their beekeepers.
Bees are essential for pollination of people’s food and beekeepers are essential for keeping bees healthy.
DCBA has a partnership with the Duke Campus Farm, which hosts our apiary and pollinator garden.
Members of DCBA can attend apiary workdays to learn, up close and personal, about honey bees. To become a member, please visit our membership page.
- See how honey bee hives are cared for throughout the year
- Inspect a hive, guided by an experience beekeeper
- Learn about the threats to pollinators and how to treat each threat
- Learn how to help support all pollinators
- Gain confidence and skills to become a Certified NC Beekeeper
- Connect with the Durham beekeeping community
In 2015, DCBA had grown through the years and felt that having an apiary with a focus on education for both beekeepers and non-beekeepers was a step they were ready to take. Scouts were sent out and returned with info on the sites they found. Following some deliberation, DCBA chose to partner with Duke Campus Farm and build hives on the edge of Duke Forest. On Sunday, 27 March 2016, the first two packages were installed at the Apiary.
Please join our DCBA Google group to see information for the next Apiary Day!
4934 Friends School Rd
Durham, NC 27705